Momo is a location based mobile social networking and entertainment platform launched in August, 2011. Momo enables users to connect with each other in a personal and lively way through short-form videos and live streaming. Users can check out people nearby and discover nearby groups, message boards as well as events. An enriched conversation experience allows users to send out their geographical locations as well as emojis during chat.
Momo was founded by Mr. Yan Tang. All co-founders and senior team members are alumni of China’s top internet companies such as NetEase, Phoenix New Media and Sina.
Momo Inc. operates as a mobile-based social networking platform in the People's Republic of China. The company's platform includes its Momo mobile application and various related features, functionalities, tools, and services that are provided to users, customers, and platform partners. It offers Momo mobile application that enables users to establish and expand their social relationships based on locations and interests; and Hani, a live video application. The company also offers games, which are designed with various themes, cultural characteristics, and features to appeal to various segments of the game player community; paid emoticons, and mobile marketing services; and live video, value-added, and other services. The company was formerly known as Momo Technology Company Limited and changed its name to Momo Inc. Momo Inc. was founded in 2011 and is headquartered in Beijing, the People's Republic of China.
(Summary) (Company) (Chart)
21 May 2017
1yr Target $41.46
Payout Ratio ---
1yr Cap Gain -4.87%
1yr Tot Return -4.87%
EPS (ttm) $0.71
EPS next yr $1.94
Forward P/E 22.42
EPS next 5yr 69.20%
1yr Price Support $134.24
Market Cap $8.11 Bil
Revenues $553.10 Mil
Earnings $145.30 Mil
Profit Margin 26.27%
Quick Ratio 5.40
Current Ratio 5.40
1yr RevGR ---
3yr RevGR ---
5yr RevGR ---
1yr EarnGR ---
3yr EarnGR ---
5yr EarnGR ---
1yr DivGR ---
3yr DivGR ---
5yr DivGR ---
- Launched our first iOS version in August
- Launched our first Android version in December
- 22.50 Million Registered Users
- Awarded with the " Most buzzed mobile app in China " in February
- Added our Location-based nearby groups function in October
- Our B round of investment closed at a valuation of USD 100 million
- Editor' s Choice for Top 20 Apps in Apple App Store
- 84.23 Million Registered Users
- Added nearby message board and friends' feed function in January
- Added premium membership service and sticker shop in June
- Launched Windows Phone version in September
- Launched our first in-app game in November
- Added short video and ephemeral image function in March
- Launched our fourth in-app game in April
- In December 2014, Momo had 69.3 million MAUs
- Momo Inc. (Nasdaq: MOMO) commenced on The Nasdaq Stock Market on December 11
- Added Gifting Service in January
- Launched the first in-house-developed game Momo Xiong Xiong Xiao in February
- In March 2015, Momo had 78.1 million MAUs
- March. Launch of Hani live streaming app
- April. Launch of Momo’s in-app live streaming feature
- August. Launch of Momo’s in-app short-form video feature “Moments”
- January. Held Momo Live 2017 Annual Celebration at the renowned Beijing National Aquatics Centre (“Water Cube”)
- March. Release of Momo Fourth Quarter Financial Results. Highlight: MAU (“Monthly active uses”) of Momo has reached 81.1 million by December 31, 2016
My Strategy Going Forward
Investing in foreign stocks can always be tricky because extensive information is not always available and if it is, it's usually difficult to find. So finding the right company can often be a very difficult endeavor. So often in these cases I'm very reliant on information provided in articles written by others who have a first hand knowledge of the product, services or management team. And that's not always a very comfortable position to be in. At least for me.
So in these cases, I'm forced to rely more heavily on the technicals for clues on when to trade these stocks. For me, the chart of MOMO looks historically great and I'm a firm believer in inertia in investing. The stock has been rising for quite a long time so I've decided to invest a very small portion of my funds into these shares.
In investments like this, however, I'm forced to monitor the chart more closely simply because of the shortage of fundamental information available. I also have to monitor the news associated with this company more closely.
All in all, foreign companies are more difficult to invest in primarily because of the difference in the time zones. Often they're trading when most people here are asleep. As the world becomes more and more of a continuous trading pool things may change but today this is a serious consideration when investing in foreign shares.
That said, I do already have a small investment in this company and expect to continue to add to this position as long as the technicals indicate an upward movement.