Now there's no guarantee that the stock or the stock option will be trading at these prices first thing Monday morning so I will be monitoring each of them during the first 30 minutes of trading to determine if it's still a good trade. I may have to make adjustments on the choice of options with different strike prices that I'm willing to sell but I can't wait too long because time premium decay happens rather fast during that last week. If volatility in the stock and option price keeps me out of the trade through Tuesday then the trade has essentially been lost for me. At that point I'll abandon the trade for this week and look for a trade for the following week.
The next thing I always look for is any expected news that's going to occur between Monday and Friday. In Apple's case the stock is going X-dividend on Thursday morning so the stock will automatically fall $3.05 Thursday morning. I'll need to take that into consideration before making that final trade decision. In the end this is a fairly risky trade because selling at-the-money-options often results in trade execution rather than expiration. And that means that you had better be prepared for the real possibility that you may have to buy the underlying equity. If you don't want to own the stock, you shouldn't be selling the put option. Caveat Emptor
If the stock is put to me, I have the option of keeping the stock or immediately selling covered calls. If I keep the stock it's nice to know that I got the stock at a great discounted price because I kept the premium from the put option. If I decide to sell the call option, I have the opportunity to bring in weekly income once again and the possibility of losing the stock and going back into cash once again.
It's a great strategy and with the right stocks it can be repeated over and over again each week. And the possibility of receiving 1% on your money may just be worth this very risky trade.